Shortly after ASUS unveiled the all-new ROG Phone 5 lineup earlier this year, it rolled out the first software update for the devices. The update included several optimizations for system stability, the camera experience, Armoury Crate, and more. Less than two weeks later, ASUS rolled out yet another update for the devices with even more bug fixes and improvements. However, the update didn’t include the latest Android security patches and the phones were stuck with the January 2021 patches. Now, ASUS is finally rolling out the March 2021 security patches for the ROG Phone 5 lineup, along with a few more bug fixes and optimizations.
The latest update for the ASUS ROG Phone 5 (version 18.0840.2103.26) includes the Android security patches for March 2021 and a new “Visual enhancement” display setting in the scenario profile for a couple of popular games, along with a host of bug fixes and improvements
Here’s the complete changelog for the ROG Phone 5 (ZS673KS):
- Updated Android security patch to 2021-03
- Support “Visual enhancement” display setting in the scenario profile of Arena of Valor, PUBG, and Call of Duty Mobile
- Steady Charging supports a wider range: within or outside scheduled charging period
- Adjusted the visual movement logic of Always-on Panel
- Fixed the bug where exiting a game through gestures, the popup toast would be cut off by the edge of the display
- Fix the issue where Google News could cause a sudden reboot
- Fixed the issue where Always-on display would continuously be in low brightness
- Fixed issue of ROG Vision console disappearing after the phone is connected to a USB Type-C dongle
- Optimized the time to reconnect to internet after switching to Wi-Fi
- Optimize restart speed
- Fixed issue where refusing the permission request of “Music” atmospheric lights twice in a row, the “Music” atmospheric lights cannot be turned on
- Fixed the issue of distorted or missing pictures of ‘People’ albums in the wallpaper carousel
ASUS is rolling out the update in batches, so it may be a while before it lands on your ROG Phone 5. You can head on over to the “System updates” section in the device settings to check if the latest firmware is available for your device or not. Alternatively, you can manually update the firmware by following the instructions given on this page.
Make sure you check out our ROG Phone 5 forums to keep track of the latest third-party development for the device.