The OnePlus 10 Pro is a flagship that may obtain numerous consideration from the corporate and from customers right through this yr. Despite the fact that one would possibly argue that the price it supplies after a good deal is analogous to that of the OnePlus 9 Professional, the OnePlus 9 Professional is certain to move out of inventory earlier than. Thus for plenty of customers, the OnePlus 10 Professional would be the flagship that they’re going to purchase. And it’s a excellent instrument by itself, and so it is sensible. If in case you have purchased the OnePlus 10 Professional and feature long gone thru your first setup, we suggest a couple of settings you will have to alternate for a greater revel in. We provide some explanations for those settings, so decide if you’re satisfied with the tradeoffs!
Navigate this text:
- Edit your Quick Settings
- Set up Status Bar icons
- Set up Display and Brightness for a comfortable experience
- Darkish Mode
- Eye Convenience Mode
- Display screen Refresh Charge
- Display screen Answer
- Review your Battery Settings
- Energy Financial savings Mode
- Optimize Battery Use
- Sleep Standby Optimization
- Optimized Night time Charging
- Wi-fi Charging Settings
- Top Efficiency Mode
- Enable Auto Launch for your IM apps
- Set up Work-Life Balance
- Enable / Disable OnePlus Shelf
- Change Ringtones
- Set up Do Not Disturb
- Set up Private DNS for Adblock
- Extra for Experienced Users: Root your OnePlus 10 Pro
Edit your Fast Settings
After you have your smartphone setup, we suggest putting in place Fast Settings tiles to floor your maximum accessed settings:
- Swipe down as soon as at the homescreen to get admission to the notification heart.
- Swipe down as soon as once more at the notification heart to amplify the Fast Settings tiles.
- Click on at the Pencil icon subsequent to the cogwheel “settings” icon to go into Edit mode for Fast Settings.
- Upload, take away and reposition tiles as wanted.
The primary six tiles seem for speedy get admission to from the Notifications coloration, so make certain that you stay your maximum accessed settings right here. I in my opinion don’t toggle my WiFi, Knowledge, Bluetooth, and Location off, so having the ones tiles on this row makes little sense to me. What works for me is to have Flashlight, Do Now not Disturb, Hotspot, Within reach Proportion, and Screencast in those positions. You’ll be able to pick out and make a choice which settings subject extra to you and through which order. This can be a small surroundings that numerous other people overlook, however one thing that makes a pleasant distinction through the years of proudly owning and the usage of the telephone.
Arrange Standing Bar icons
Right here’s one thing that bugged me for some time: Some icons like VoLTE and VoWifi don’t make sense of their power structure. You simplest in reality want the icons for settings whose alternate in state you wish to have to concentrate on — so if you happen to are living in a area that has noticed large VoLTE and VoWifi rollout, the ones power icons would simply be occupying area. In a similar fashion, it additionally doesn’t make sense to have a battery icon along a proportion indicator.
- Pass to Settings > Notifications & Standing Bar > Standing Bar.
- Alternate settings as easiest suited:
- You’ll be able to transfer off Battery Icon and use proportion simplest.
- You’ll be able to permit Actual-time community pace.
- You’ll be able to disable icons for VoLTE and VoWiFi.
- You’ll be able to disable icon for Top Efficiency Mode (extra in this within the later sections of this text).
Arrange Show and Brightness for a relaxed revel in
The settings under are from non-public desire, however I’ve discovered them to be essentially the most relaxed for me for long-term, in depth smartphone use. If you happen to plan to make use of your smartphone for quite a few hours on a daily basis, you’ll believe choosing probably the most settings under.
- Pass to Settings > Show and Brightness.
- Arrange Darkish Mode to Auto Transfer from Sundown to Break of day.
- This will likely transfer the telephone to make use of Darkish Mode at night time when there’s a upper chance of you being in darker environments. Reasons decrease pressure at the eyes in such situations.
- The OnePlus 10 Professional will transfer to Mild Mode all over the day, making it more uncomplicated to learn content material if you find yourself out in extensive daylight.
- A brand new surroundings will seem while you transfer to Darkish Mode. Permit Adaptive Distinction on this surroundings. You’ll be able to make a choice the Taste of Darkish Mode in line with your desire.
- Arrange Eye Convenience mode to Time table, and set it in keeping with middle of the night.
- Eye Convenience mode reduces the blue mild out of your telephone’s show. This in flip will lend a hand motive lesser disruption for your frame’s circadian rhythm and assist you sleep although you stay the usage of your telephone overdue at night time.
- For some reason why, OnePlus got rid of the Sundown to Break of day surroundings beneath this feature.
- You’ll be able to set the timing to be approximate middle of the night settings in your space, to coincide with the Darkish Mode settings above.
- This surroundings can be utilized independently of the Darkish Mode agenda.
- Arrange your Display screen Refresh Charge:
- Top (120Hz Most) – This will likely make your telephone purposes seem perceivably smoother, however will price some battery within the procedure. That is my most popular surroundings because the OnePlus 10 Professional has excellent sufficient battery existence and may be very fast to price anyway.
- Usual (60Hz Most) – This will likely make limit the utmost refresh fee to 60Hz, like telephones prior to now was. This will likely prevent some battery, however your telephone revel in will probably be a bit of uneven and jarring.
- Arrange your Display screen Answer:
- Via default, the telephone will probably be set to Auto, switching between FHD+ and QHD+ as wanted.
- I’d counsel operating the telephone on QHD+ for a couple of days after which on FHD+ for a couple of days, after which assess if you happen to realize the variation in show high quality. I in my opinion can simplest realize the variation once I minutely pixel peep the telephone show — FHD+ stays indistinguishable from QHD+ once I typically use the telephone and am no longer actively taking a look out for it.
- If you happen to would prioritize some extra battery existence, persist with FHD+. The OnePlus 10 Professional has a excellent show, and also you will have to be simply fantastic with FHD+ too.
I to find 120Hz with FHD+ to be the candy spot for my use instances, giving me the most productive fluidity with out compromising the revel in. The opposite settings make it relaxed for me to stay the usage of the telephone throughout numerous prerequisites with out inflicting pressure.
Evaluate your Battery Settings
OnePlus has been infamous for a few of its battery-oriented measures in previous variations of OxygenOS, with competitive settings that might have an effect on your skill to let apps run within the background and ship notifications for your telephone. Whilst the placement has stepped forward with the codebase integration with ColorOS, it’s nonetheless price reviewing your battery settings at the OnePlus 10 Professional, particularly since there’s a Top Efficiency Mode snuck in there.
- Pass to Settings > Battery.
- Set Energy Financial savings Mode to mechanically cause off and on:
- Activate Energy Financial savings Mode as soon as to floor the “Default Optimizations” surroundings. Evaluate the choices inside of after which you’ll flip off Energy Financial savings Mode.
- Set Energy Financial savings Mode to activate mechanically at an possibility of your opting for (I favor 10%).
- Set Energy Financial savings Mode to show off mechanically, when you succeed in 90% charging.
- Pass to Complex Settings:
- Below “Optimise Battery Use”, set your most commonly used IM apps to “Don’t Optimize”. If you happen to depend on an app to ship you a well timed notification while you don’t seem to be the usage of your telephone, set it to “Don’t Optimize” too. You’ll be able to go away the opposite apps as is. This optimization surroundings is essentially blamed for apps lacking their notifications when the telephone isn’t in lively use.
- In case your apps nonetheless proceed to omit their notifications, you’ll toggle “Sleep Standby Optimization” to off too. This surroundings shall we the telephone be told if you find yourself normally asleep and let it toggle knowledge and WiFi periodically. So chances are you’ll omit pressing notifications, or obtain a flood of notifications correct while you get up. Toggle this surroundings in line with your utilization and requirement.
- “Optimized Night time Charging” characteristic rapid expenses your battery to 80% while you plug it in at night time, after which trickle-charges the telephone in order that it reaches 100% nearer to the time you normally get up. This surroundings is beneficial for individuals who plug of their OnePlus 10 Professional at night time on a reasonably common agenda. The telephone will be told your utilization trend and make sure you have a complete price while you pick out up the telephone whilst balancing out optimum charging behavior for higher long-term battery well being. We advise leaving this surroundings on until you have got abnormal utilization patterns or you end up waking up continuously with a not-full charged telephone.
- Evaluate “Wi-fi Charging Settings”, if you happen to use a wi-fi charger and particularly if you happen to use the OnePlus Warp Price 50 Wi-fi Charger.
- Top Efficiency Mode:
- As we noticed in our OnePlus 10 Professional overview, OnePlus has normally throttled the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 throughout all apps, which means the chip slightly touches its complete functions even if you find yourself gaming or the usage of benchmark apps. That is completed to forestall over the top warmth buildup and consequent thermal throttling, and the telephone stays completely usable even on this decrease efficiency mode.
- However simply should you in reality want the additional energy, you’ll head over to Settings > Battery > Complex Settings, and toggle Top Efficiency Mode on. This will likely provide one power notification (together with its personal notification icon; swipe correct on it and click on the “trash” icon to take away the notification) and any other power standing bar icon (which you’ll then disable the usage of the surroundings we point out within the early portions of this information).
- For moderate customers, this surroundings will slightly make a good distinction of their day-to-day utilization however will use extra battery, so we suggest holding the Top Efficiency Mode switched off.
Permit Auto Release in your IM apps
Very similar to the “Optimise Battery Use” and “Sleep Standby Optimization” settings, this surroundings additionally is available in the best way of dependable notifications out of your apps. It’s a double-edged sword regardless that, as you will have to be restricting auto-launching from pointless apps whilst taking care to grant the similar to vital apps.
- Pass to Settings > Apps > Auto release
- Make a choice vital apps from whom you wish to have to obtain well timed notifications and different content material within the background. This may come with IM apps, e mail apps, climate apps, and another apps that experience a time-scheduled activity or background refreshing assigned to them. Permit Auto Release for them, in order that the apps can get started up on boot and within the background.
- Unselect any further apps that don’t in reality wish to run within the background. Those can come with meals supply apps, video games, and so forth.
Arrange Paintings-Lifestyles Stability
If you happen to use the OnePlus 10 Professional as your singular instrument for each paintings and private wishes, then this option is a boon for keeping up a excellent work-life stability. I’ve widely used this on previous OnePlus gadgets, and it without a doubt is helping handle more healthy limitations, particularly all over work-from-home sessions.
What Paintings-Lifestyles Stability does is help you set triggers for Paintings Mode and Lifestyles Mode, choose apps that qualify inside of every phase, and display you notifications from the ones apps simplest when it’s beneath that mode. For instance, I will be able to have Paintings Mode arrange for 9 am to five pm each and every weekday, or at the foundation of my workplace location, and feature simplest work-related apps like Asana, Airtable, and many others be allowed to ship me notifications. I will be able to then have Lifestyles Mode arrange for, say, once I connect with my domestic WiFi and feature my social media apps like Instagram and Twitter and media apps like Netflix be allowed to ship me notifications.
Notifications from the app no longer from the present mode will probably be “paused” and delivered when you input the proper mode (you’ll override and examine the hidden notifications). And if you happen to take a look at to go into that app, a instructed will dissuade you from opening the app (which you’ll additionally override and input if you happen to in reality wish to). You’ll be able to additionally simply arrange one mode if you happen to don’t want the opposite.
To arrange Paintings Lifestyles Stability:
- Pass to Settings > Particular Options > Paintings Lifestyles Stability.
- Arrange Paintings mode:
- Make a choice your triggers at the foundation of time, WiFi, or Location.
- Make a choice Gmail accounts from which you wish to have to proceed receiving notifications in Paintings Mode.
- Make a choice different Paintings apps from which you wish to have to proceed receiving notifications.
- Arrange Lifestyles mode, similar as above.
The “restrictions” that Paintings Lifestyles Mode puts are very comfortable and simple to avoid. However the concept with those is to simply provide the nudge had to paintings with focus and to experience existence, as wanted, whilst nonetheless supplying you with the versatility and keep an eye on wanted over the usage of your telephone within the second. I’ve used this with nice good fortune: I will be able to prohibit my Asana, Airtable, and paintings Gmail notifications for when I’m at the table, whilst apps like Instagram can keep muted. It’s a small characteristic, however one thing I omit once I soar to different non-OnePlus gadgets.
Permit / Disable OnePlus Shelf
OnePlus Shelf began its existence as a characteristic that customizes some of the homescreen panels at the launcher. I’ve by no means grown too keen on the characteristic, and come what may, it has gotten even clunkier at the OnePlus 10 Professional. You’ll be able to now not set it as much as be a Google Feed substitute at the -1 display screen at the launcher homescreen (very most likely because of GMS necessities, so blame Google for that). In order a recourse, OnePlus has mapped it to the pull-down motion for the notification tray from the top-right nook. And now OnePlus Shelf is its personal app that will get introduced with this cause motion. While you pull the coloration again up (because you pulled it right down to get admission to Shelf), you land again at the homescreen because you technically jumped to the homescreen from the OnePlus Shelf app — as an alternative of going again for your earlier app. You want to swipe correct/left to return for your earlier app, which isn’t intuitive in any respect. It’s a clunky revel in, and the app itself supplies restricted application to me, so I flip it off. However I do acknowledge that some customers would possibly to find it helpful, so you’ll stay it enabled if wanted.
- Pass to Settings > Particular Options > Shelf.
- Permit/disable the characteristic, as wanted.
- Arrange different parameters as wanted.
Alternate Ringtones and Alert Tones
This may occasionally come off as humorous recommendation, however other people in reality wish to alternate their ringtones out from the defaults. There’s lots you’ll do with ringtones that may provide you with a warning of incoming calls and notifications while not having to pick out up your instrument.
As an example, I set my default alert tones for messages to be an excessively quick music. That is the tone that third-party apps will pick out up via default after they ship a notification that I didn’t readily consent to or am anticipating. This minimizes disturbance from the app, regardless that a cleaner resolution is to disable notifications from offending apps. I then arrange notification sounds for a few of my IM apps for my part, assigning them as transparent and distinct sounds as I will be able to with out complicated myself. So my Slack notifications sound other from my Telegram notifications, which sound other from my WhatsApp DMs, whilst my WhatsApp staff chats make no sound.
To switch alert tones:
- Pass to Settings > Sound and Vibration > Notification Sound. Set your default alert tone right here. I like to recommend opting for one thing mild and quick.
- For person apps, you wish to have to navigate their respective in-app settings. Listed here are a couple of not unusual ones:
- WhatsApp: 3-dot menu within the peak correct nook of the app > Settings > Notifications.
- Telegram: Hamburger menu within the peak left nook within the app > Settings > Notifications and Sounds > Notifications for chats > Sound.
- Slack: “You” tab in backside correct nook > Notifications > Machine Choices > Sound.
In a similar fashion, I additionally arrange ringtones for my part for my shut circle of relatives and a distinct one for pals.
- To set the default ringtone: Pass to Settings > Sound and Vibration > Ringtone.
- To set ringtones for person contacts: Open the Telephone app > Open the touch card for the touch you wish to have to switch > 3-dot menu within the peak correct nook of the app > Set ringtone.
In fact, none of this is applicable if you happen to stay your telephone in silent mode ceaselessly. However simply should you don’t, and you intend to make use of the telephone for some time, spending a while putting in place ringtones will strengthen your telephone revel in.
Arrange Do Now not Disturb
With the frilly alert tone settings and the frilly Paintings-Lifestyles Stability settings, I nonetheless really feel the wish to implement some fundamental Do Now not Disturb settings, essentially all over middle of the night when I’m slumbering. It’s vital for me since my telephone differently helps to keep humming in the course of the day and night time because of the worldwide nature of my paintings. When you are getting disturbed with stray notifications at night time, I’d advise putting in place Do Now not Disturb.
- Pass to Settings > Sound and Vibration > Do Now not Disturb.
- Arrange a Time table. You’ll be able to set other schedules for various days.
- Arrange Exceptions:
- Allowed Notifications: The place do you wish to have the notification to be displayed? You’ll be able to set it up in order that you don’t get notified thru Edge Lighting fixtures, and your lock display screen does no longer illuminate when a brand new notification arrives.
- Permit Messages From: Set who you wish to have to permit disturbances from. I set it to my Contacts, however you’ll additional limit it right down to Starred Contacts simplest.
- Permit Calls From: Set who you wish to have to permit calls from. The one calls I am getting at night time are from emergencies, so I set it to Somebody. If you happen to’re surroundings your DND for conferences, you’ll set it to Starred Contacts simplest.
- Permit “Ring for repeated callers”. With this enabled, if somebody tries to name you a couple of occasions in fast succession, the telephone will notify you.
Arrange Personal DNS for Adblock
There are lots of tactics to set up adblocking on your Android device. However some of the fastest, best possible, and unusually efficient means is in the course of the Personal DNS surroundings.
- Pass to Settings > Connection and Sharing > Personal DNS
- Toggle from Off to Designated Personal DNS.
- Input “dns.adguard.com” within the box and click on at the checkmark.
- You will have to now be attached to the personal DNS. This will likely block a excellent majority of commercials to your smartphone, excluding beneath sure apps like YouTube.
Further for Skilled Customers: Root your OnePlus 10 Professional
This isn’t a step this is beneficial to moderate customers, and maximum of you studying this don’t wish to do that. However rooting a smartphone has its personal advantages. If you happen to’d love to take pleasure in a few of the ones, our boards have good resources on rooting your OnePlus 10 Pro. There’s a global past with customized ROMs too, and the OnePlus 10 Professional is simply getting began.
We are hoping this information turns out to be useful in putting in place your OnePlus 10 Professional to get the most productive conceivable use out of it. There are some extra minor changes that you’ll do, akin to reverting the facility button to close down the telephone, and tweaking the screenshot and display screen recording settings. You’ll be able to additionally discover some recommended cases and display screen protectors in your telephone. This will have to arrange your OnePlus 10 Professional to offer a excellent revel in suited for your wishes. Experience your telephone!