At 42, Leander Paes remains to be going robust. India’s veteran tennis superstar added but any other Grand Slam good fortune on Saturday (Sept 12) when he captured the USA Open blended doubles identify along with his Swiss spouse Martina Hingis. Paes now has 17 Grand Slam trophies, probably the most by way of an Indian. His first ever good fortune got here 16 years in the past in 1999 at French Open with Mahesh Bhupathi. In 2015, he has 3 Grand Slams having previous received the Wimbledon with Hingis.
He has now received 9 blended doubles primary titles and trails at the back of simplest Martina Navratilova (10). Paes mentioned chemistry is vital to any partnership and he enjoys an excellent relation with Martina Hingis, who is exceptional participant.
This is the whole checklist of Paes’ Grand Slam trophies (1999 to 2015)
Males’s doubles (8 titles) – 3 with Mahesh Bhupathi, 2 every with Lukas Dlouhy and Radek Stepanek, 1 with Martin Damm.
1. 1999 French Open with Mahesh Bhupathi (India)
2. 1999 Wimbledon with Bhupathi
3. 2001 French Open with Bhupathi
4. 2006 US Open with Martin Damm (Czech Republic)
5. 2009 French Open with Lukas Dlouhy (Czech Republic)
6. 2009 US Open with Dlouhy
7. 2012 Australian Open with Radek Stepanek (Czech Republic)
8. 2013 US Open with Stepanek
Combined doubles (9 titles) –
3 every with Cara Black and Martina Hingis, 2 with Martina Navratilova, 1 with Lisa Raymond
1. 1999 Wimbledon with Lisa Raymond (USA)
2. 2003 Australian Open with Martina Navratilova (USA)
3. 2003 Wimbledon with Navratilova
4. 2008 US Open with Cara Black (Zimbabwe)
5. 2010 Australian Open with Cara
6. 2010 Wimbledon with Cara
7. 2015 Australian Open with Martina Hingis (Switzerland)
8. 2015 Wimbledon with Hingis
9. 2015 US Open with Hingis